Congratulations to the third recipient of the Sarah Ramsey Strong Scholarship, Emily Connor
2015 Recipient – Emily LaPlume
2014 Recipient – Lauren Buniva
The Sarah Ramsey ’12 Strong Scholarship Fund was established by gifts from family and friends of Sarah Ramsey. The scholarship will support third or fourth year marketing students who have demonstrated strong academic performance and wish to expand their professional and international experiences while attending Champlain College. The scholarship will be awarded annually at the Stiller School of Business Honors event.
Read the full Press Release here
The Sarah Ramsey ’12 Strong Marketing Scholarship is a scholarship fund for a rising junior or senior Champlain College student who is majoring in marketing and will be awarded at the annual spring Stiller School of Business Honors event. It will be given to a student who exemplifies the qualities of Sarah, including drive, determination, passion for advertising and branding, creative and critical thinking, individuality, and a thirst to experience all life has to offer. This student is seeking a transformative experience in the field of Marketing and needs financial assistance to capitalize on one of the following opportunities:
- Study abroad on a Champlain affiliated campus with an internship at a local Advertising, Branding, or creative firm.
- Study abroad through a third party program with an internship at a local Advertising, Branding, or creative firm.
- A high-level internship with a major Advertising, Branding or Creative firm within the United States that is not within close proximity to Champlain College or the student’s home and family.
- Furthering their Marketing education through the Thunderbird School of Management within the Certificate of Global Marketing.
Criteria for Eligibility:
- Student must be a rising junior or senior enrolled within the Champlain College Stiller School of Business B.S. in Marketing.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Successfully completed an internship in Marketing with an emphasis on Creative, Advertising, and/or Branding in all its forms.
- Demonstrated financial need
Application Process and Requirements:
- Student must submit their application for the scholarship no later than January 31 of each year.
- Application must include:
- A short essay (not to exceed 1000 words) addressing which of the options they are applying for and how they see this experience being transformative, and explain how these funds will help them,
- Three letters of reference, one of which must be from an internship supervisor.
- A portfolio (preferred digital) of work that demonstrates a can-do attitude throughout their academic experience at Champlain, including a willingness to take on multiple opportunities in order to learn and practice within the Marketing arena. The portfolio should showcase their creativity and love of Advertising and Branding, in all of its forms, and should go beyond assigned class work. Copy, visuals, concepts, analysis, storyboards, process flows are all acceptable items to submit within the portfolio, being sure to identify clearly if they were class assignments, volunteer work, extra credit, or passion projects.
- Applications must be submitted electronically to Dr. Elaine Young, Professor of Digital Marketing no later than January 31 of the award year.
- Dr. Young will submit the applicant pool to the The Sarah Ramsey Scholarship Advisory Council no later than February 15 of the award year. The SRSAC will be comprised of:
- Margo Bartsch, Adjunct Professor of Advertising and Brand Management, Champlain College
- Scott Baker, Assistant Dean, Stiller School of Business, Champlain College
- Erica Viscio ‘12, Hans Bardenheuer ‘12, and Andrew Coggio ‘12
- The SRSAC will make recommendations to the Ramsey Family of the top finalists no later than March 1 of the award year.
- The Ramsey Family will vet the finalists and submit their award recommendation to Dr. Young and the SRSAC no later than March 20 of the award year.
- Dr. Young and the SRSAC which will make the final decision of the award winner no later than March 31 of the award year.
- Winner will be awarded during the annual Stiller School of Business honors event. Presenter to be Marketing faculty and/or members of the SRSAC or a representative of the Ramsey family if possible.
Responsibility of Award Winners
- Demonstrate passion, drive, and fearlessness during your experience. Keep a record of what you accomplish.
- Upon return from abroad experience, internship or Thunderbird semester, award winner must submit a portfolio of the work they were inspired to create while they were in their experience, to the SRSAC, via Dr. Elaine Young, Champlain College.
- Dr. Young will share the portfolio with the SRSAC and the Ramsey family.
- Dr. Young will share the portfolio and story of the award winner with the Champlain College community, Alumni Affairs, and the Marketing DepartmentRead More Here: http://www.champlain.edu/academics/undergraduate-academics/majors-and-specializations/marketing/sarah-ramsey-strong-scholarship